Mojeek Terms of Service
Ads: Advertising content on Mojeek including, but not limited to, URLs and text.
Content: means any and all text, images, and any other form of information that appears on, or forms part of, Our Services.
Services: Our websites and mobile apps. These include https://www.mojeek.com/ and any other Mojeek URLs owned and operated by Us.
Terms: All terms of this “Terms of Service”
We/Us/Our: Mojeek Limited, a company registered in England under 06918197, whose registered address is High Street, Croydon, CR9 2UU.
You/Your: individual or entity using Our Services.
2. Acceptance of Terms
By using Our Services You accept these Terms. These Terms are in the English language only.
3. Access to our Services
- Our Services are operational 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. You recognize that this accessibility may however be interrupted in case of technical difficulties or force majeure (see below). We shall not be held responsible for network or power failures that are out of our control, and which would impede or degrade access to our Services.
- We reserve the right to interrupt, suspend momentarily or modify without prior notice access to all or parts of Our Services.
- Our Services are evolving. As such, the Services may change from time to time, at our discretion.
- You agree that We and Our third-party providers and partners may place Ads on the Services.
- You agree not to use the Services in an inappropriate way, for instance, by: (a) launching saturating attacks; (b) unlawfully accessing the Services, and servers, or databases attached to the Services; (c) probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (d) use or access Our Services by any automated means (unless you are an authorised Mojeek API user); (e) crawling the Services is permissible if done in accordance with the provisions of the robots.txt file, however, scraping the Services without Our prior consent is expressly prohibited.
- We reserve the right to deny access to the Services to any user who does not respect these Terms.
- We also reserve the right to disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to: (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (b) enforce the Terms, including investigation of potential violations hereof ; (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- We make our best efforts to ensure that Content provided by our Services is useful. Search Content is a direct representation of information publicly available on the web.
- Mojeek like other search engines can't remove information directly from websites, so if you are seeking to remove information from the web, you should contact the site where that information is published.
- Our services may not make available some information for specific legal reasons, in accordance with applicable law, such as child sexual abuse material (CSAM).
- More details and our full content policy is available at https://www.mojeek.com/about/content/. This policy document covers how we approach the processing of requests for and provision of search content. We also detail there our commitment to human rights, notably the freedom to seek. We explain how we would handle government requests, our approach to transparency reporting and how you can contact us regarding content removal.
- Our advertising policies are available at https://www.mojeek.com/ads/policy/, as modified from time to time. Additional terms are agreed to separately by Mojeek advertising account holders as here: https://www.mojeek.com/ads/terms/.
7. Intellectual Property
- We give You a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the software provided to You as part of the Services. This license has the sole purpose of enabling You to use and enjoy the benefit of Our Services, in the manner permitted by these Terms.
- The Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the England and Wales and other countries. Nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use the Mojeek name or any of the Our trademarks, logos, domain names, other distinctive brand features, and other proprietary rights.
- All right, title, and interest in and to the Services are and will remain the Our exclusive property.
- Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding Mojeek, or the Services is entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such feedback, comments or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation to you.
8. Contacting Us
To contact Us, please email or using any of the methods provided at https://www.mojeek.fr/about/contact. We always welcome feedback. We use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that Your experience is a positive one. We want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint or any type of feedback.
9. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
We make no representations about the quality or availability of Our Services or anything else and exclude all warranties and guarantees (statutory, express, implied, or otherwise) to the greatest extent allowed under applicable law. You access and use Our Services entirely at your own risk. All aspects of Our performance and services are "as is," "as available," and "with all faults."
To the greatest extent allowed under applicable law, neither party is liable for any special, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive, or other indirect damages under or in connection with these Terms (including for loss of data or profits), foreseeable or not, regardless of the theory of liability.
10. Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing Our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond Our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, riots and other civil unrest, fire, explosion, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism (threatened or actual), acts of war (declared, undeclared, threatened, actual, or preparations for war), epidemic or other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond Our reasonable control.
11. Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms, and the relationship between You and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
Any disputes concerning these Terms, the relationship between You and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Thank you for reading to the end. We hope that you find our Services useful. Since we we don't collect personal data from people using Mojeek search these terms are certainly shorter and simpler than other similar terms, when they are provided.